Monday, October 10, 2011

Sometimes I am ashamed to call myself a Christian




Sometimes I am ashamed to call myself a Christian.

Dont get me wrong, I love my Lord and God and I will never be ashamed of Him. But there are those among us that call themselves Christians that make me ashamed to be counted among them.

I watched the news the other night, as I often do before I go to bed. Steve Jobs had just died. This was a very sad day for all Apple fans. Steve Jobs was probably one of the brightest and most innovative men of the last century.

I was shocked to see a story in the news about a Baptist Church in Kansas that was going to picket Steve Jobs funeral.

You heard right. They picketed a funeral!!


In all my years, I have never heard of anyone, much less people that profess to be Christians, being so......Idiotic and disrespectful.

I made note of this place. I pulled up their web site to see what they are all about and try to figure out why they would do such a thing. I wish that I had never seen the site. In fact, Im not even going to name them or give their URL here because I dont want to give them the publicity.

This web site is all about hate. They are saying that Steven Jobs was gay. Weather he was or not, I have no idea. But that is beside the point. Even if he was, Steve and his family still deserves respect and the comfort of God.

Let me show you just a few things from this place's web site. God forgive me for even posting it here. I want to show you how much hate is coming from these people and say that I completely disagree with them.

Here are just a few direct quotes from their web site.

"We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES FAGS, FAGS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES FAGS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, FAGS BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FAGS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE FAGS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR FAGS, FAGS DOOM NATIONS, THANK GOD FOR DEAD SOLDIERS, FAG TROOPS, GOD BLEW UP THE TROOPS, GOD HATES AMERICA, AMERICA IS DOOMED, THE WORLD IS DOOMED, etc."

Not only are they saying that God hates sinners, but that he also hates America. Anyone that hates America should leave!

My Bible says that God is a God of immense love!!

God does not just love those that he has saved. He loves all His children.

John 3:16
For God so Loved the world that He gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 4:7,16
Dear friends, let us love one another, because love is from God, and everyone who loves has been fathered by God and knows God. The person who does not love does not know God, because God is love...
Dear friends, if God so loved us, then we also ought to love one another.
...God is love, and the one who resides in love resides in God, and God resides in him. By this love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment, ..There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears punishment has not been perfected in love.

In fact, its not possible for me to quote all the passages in His word that have to do with love. I would have to quote the entire Bible here.

So please please please do me a favor and ignore any so-called Christians or so-called Churches that claim to know God, yet profess hate.

They are not of God!!

No comments: